Made with passion
Blackened Salmon Tacos
Serves 4 / 26 min
- 6 Casa Mendosa® 50/50 Corn-Wheat Tortillas
- 2 cups romaine lettuce shredded
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- ½ cup fresh or store-bought guacamole
- 4 fillets skin-on salmon (6 ounces each)
- 1 tsp. chipotle chili powder
- 1 tsp. ancho chili powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp kosher salt
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 6 minutes
Total Time: 6 minutes
- Arrange the salmon on a plate or cutting board.
- In a small bowl, combine all your dry ingredients for the salmon and generously cover each salmon fillet with the spice rub on the flesh side only.
- Heat oil in a large cast-iron over medium heat.
- When the oil is hot, add the salmon flesh side down. Cook for about 3 minutes then flip over and cook another 3 minutes until skin is crispy and the salmon flakes easily with a fork.
- Transfer the cooked salmon to a plate and use a fork to break the salmon into large chunks.
- Char the tortillas on a gas stovetop or grill, then fill each tortilla with salmon, lettuce, red onion, cilantro, and guacamole.
- Serve with a lime wedge.