Made with passion
RecipesMade with passion
Chorizo and Eggs Tortilla Bowl
Serves 2 / 35 mins
- 2 Casa Mendosa™ Large Tortillas
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup (180ml) canned refried beans
- 4 ounces (113g) fresh chorizo
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup (120ml) mild salsa
- 1/4 cup (60ml) cheddar cheese, shredded
Prep Time: 25 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 35 minutes
- Preheat oven to 425ᵒF (218ᵒC).
- Spritz both sides of Casa Mendosa™ Large Tortillas with cooking spray.
- Press tortillas onto bottom and up sides of two 1.5 quart (1.4L) ovenproof bowls.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges are just browned, set aside to cool for 5 minutes; remove from bowls. Cool completely.
- Microwave beans for 1-2 minutes, covered, on high until heated through, Spread half of refried beans in each tortilla bowl.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook and crumble chorizo for 4-6 minutes over medium heat or until cooked through.
- Spoon half of sausage into each tortilla bowl.
- Wipe out skillet. Add eggs; scramble, cooking until thickened and no liquid egg remains. Meanwhile, microwave salsa for 1 minute, covered, on high until completely heated.
- Spoon eggs over beans and sausage; top with salsa.
- Sprinkle with cheese and serve.