Made with passion
Salsa Verde Chicken Casserole
Serves 8 / 10 mins
- 8 Casa Mendosa®50/50 Corn-Wheat 6 Medium Tortillas halved
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 3 cups shredded chicken (store-bought or rotisserie work great!)
- 2 jars – 16 oz each salsa verde
- ¾ cup sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- 3 cups shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- Salt to taste
- Chopped cilantro
- Crumbled cotija cheese
- Fresh jalapeno slices
- Finely chopped red onion
- Chopped green onions
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and grease a 9x12 casserole baking dish.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once heated, add in the onion and salt and cook until softened.
- Stir in the garlic, chili powder, and cumin and cook for another minute before adding in the chicken. Mix well and remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the salsa Verde and sour cream and stir well.
- Layer ¾ cup of the salsa verde mixture on the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Top with 5 tortilla halves.
- Layer on half of the chicken mixture, 1 cup of salsa verde, and ½ cup cheese. Repeat with another round of 5 tortilla halves, the remaining chicken, 1 cup salsa verde, and ½ cup cheese.
- Finish with a final layer of 5 tortilla halves, the remaining salsa verde, and the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese has melted and the sauce is bubbling.
- Complete by adding on your favourite toppings and serve.