Made with passion
Queso Dip Tortilla Bowl
Serves 4 / 55 Mins
- 1 Package of Casa Mendosa® Burrito XL Tortillas
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Small Onion
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Minced Jalapeno
- 12 oz Cheddar Cheese – shredded
- 4 oz Pepper Jack Cheese – shredded
- 1 cup milk
- Kosher Salt and Ground Pepper to taste
- 1 Medium Tomato – diced
- ¼ Cup fresh cilantro
- Optional: 1 tbsp each of chopped tomatoes, jalapenos, green onion and sour cream for garnish
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- Place a Casa Mendosa® Burrito XL Tortilla over an oven-safe bowl. Place another oven-safe bowl over it so that the tortilla is covered.
- Bake the tortilla in the oven for 15 minutes at 400°F.
- Once complete, remove the top bowl and remove the tortilla, which should be hardened and formed into a bowl shape. Set your tortilla bowl aside. With your remaining tortillas, make tortilla chips using our recipe here.
- Once your tortilla chips are complete, place your tortilla bowl on a serving dish and surround with your freshly baked chips.
- To make Queso dip, heat olive oil in a medium saucepan. Cook chopped onion for 5 minutes, or until soft. Add minced garlic and jalapeño, cooking for 1 minute.
- Add in both cheeses, 1 cup at a time and stir well until melted. Add in milk and stir together until sauce is complete.
- Once melted, season with salt and pepper . Stir in your tomatoes and cilantro.
- Pour queso dip into your tortillas bowl, serve immediately and enjoy!