Made with passion
RecipesMade with passion
Baked Chicken Chimichangas
- 6 Casa Mendosa™ Original Medium Tortillas, warmed
- 1-1/2 cups (360ml) cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1-1/2 cups (360ml) picante sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup (120ml) reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2/3 cup (180ml) chopped green onions, divided
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) butter, melted
- Sour cream, optional
Prep Time: 25 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 35 minutes
- Preheat oven to 375ᵒF (191ᵒC).
- In a small bowl combine chicken, half the picante sauce, cheese, half the green onions, cumin, and oregano.
- Spoon 1/2 cup (120ml) of chicken mixture down the center of each Casa Mendosa™ Original Medium Tortilla.
- Fold sides and ends of tortillas over filling and roll-up. Place seam side down on a large baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Brush each chimichanga with butter.
- Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. If desired set the oven to broil. Broil chimichangas for 1 minute or until browned.
- Top with remaining picante sauce and onions. If desired, serve with sour cream.
Freeze option: Completely cool baked chimichangas; wrap tightly and freeze for up to 3 months.
To reheat: Preheat oven to 400°F (204ᵒC). Place chimichangas on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake until heated through, 10-15 minutes.