Made with passion
Air Fryer Pulled Pork Taquitos
Serves 8 / 35 mins
- 16 Casa Mendosa® 50/50 Corn-Wheat Medium Tortillas
- 2 tbsp. (30ml) pickled jalapeno, drained, diced
- ¼ cup (60ml) salsa
- 1 tsp. (5ml) salt-free Mexican seasoning
- ½ tsp. (2.5ml) dried oregano
- ¼ tsp. (1.25ml) kosher salt
- 1 cup (240ml) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 cups (480ml) cooked pulled pork, shredded
- Cooking spray
- To serve: sour cream, guacamole, and salsa
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- Heat a medium, nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add a Casa Mendosa® Corn-Wheat Medium Tortilla, spritz both sides with cooking spray, and heat until softened on both sides. Transfer tortillas to a dish and cover with a lightly moistened paper towel to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- In a bowl, combine jalapeno, salsa, Mexican seasoning, oregano, salt, cheese, and pork.
- Take 3 tablespoons (45 ml) of filling and pack down the middle of a tortilla.
- Take one side of the tortilla and roll over the filling, using your fingers to get a tight roll, then roll up the rest of the tortilla around the filling creating the ¾-inch (2cm) diameter taquito.
- Heat the air fryer to 400°F (204ᵒC). Put taquitos in the basket of the air fryer in a single layer (this will require cooking in 2-3 batches depending on the size of your air fryer basket). Cook 5-6 minutes or until tortillas are crispy and golden brown.