Made with passion
RecipesMade with passion
Mushroom and Corn Tacos
Serves 6 / 25 mins
- 8 Casa Mendosa™ Original Medium Tortillas, warmed
- 2 cups (480ml) fresh corn kernels (about 4 ears)
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) vegetable oil
- 1 pound (454g) fresh mixed wild mushrooms, quartered
- ¼ cup (60ml) fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) ancho chile powder
- ½ teaspoon (2.5ml) ground cumin
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) kosher salt
- 3/4 cup (180ml) white onion, finely chopped
- ¾ cup (60ml) store bought salsa
- 1 serrano chile, very thinly sliced
- 1 red Fresno chile, very thinly sliced
- Fresh cilantro leaves
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 25 minutes
- Preheat a large cast-iron skillet over high, add corn; cook for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly charred (some kernels may pop out of the skillet).
- Remove corn from skillet; set corn aside.
- Add oil to heated skillet let warm for 30 seconds on high. Add mushrooms, oregano, ancho chile powder, and cumin. Cook, stirring often for 2 to 3 minutes or until mushrooms begin to brown.
- Stir in garlic and salt, reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring occasionally for 2 to 3 minutes or until mushrooms are tender but still somewhat firm.
- Remove mixture from heat and stir in charred corn.
- Place a generous ½ cup (120ml) mushroom mixture in each Casa Mendosa™ 100% Corn Small Tortilla.
- Top each with 2 tablespoons (30ml) onion, 2 tablespoons (30ml) salsa, a few serrano and red Fresno Chile slices.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves.