Made with passion
RecipesMade with passion
Casa Mendosa™ Veggie Taco Tortilla Pizza
Serves 4 / 15 mins
- 4 Casa Mendosa™ Ancient Grains Large Tortillas
- 2 cups refried beans
- 2 cups salsa
- 3 cups shredded Mexican or Cheddar cheese
- 2 avocados pits removed and chopped
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 4 green onions sliced
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- 6 tbsp. freshly chopped cilantro
- 4 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 4 tbsp. minced fresh cilantro
- 2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- Hot pepper sauce to taste
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 15 minutes
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place triple-baked Casa Mendosa™ tortillas on a large baking sheet. Poke the tortillas with a fork, this will prevent them from puffing up in the oven. Bake tortillas for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Spread tortillas with refried beans, salsa and top with shredded cheese. Bake for 4-5 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges are golden and crisp.
- Move the hot tortillas to a cutting board and let cool for 1 minute. Top with avocado, tomatoes, green onion, black olives, and cilantro. Cut into slices and serve with hot pepper sauce if you like to spice things up.
Alternatives-add shredded seasoned chicken or ground beef