Made with passion
RecipesMade with passion
Casa Mendosa™ Tortilla Taco Lasagna
Serves 4 / 40 mins
- 5 Casa Mendosa™ Tomato Salsa Large tortillas
- 1 lb extra-lean ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 796ml can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn niblets (frozen or canned)
- 2 ½ cups shredded cheese
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 40 minutes
- Turn up the heat in the kitchen by preheating the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a skillet, brown ground beef. Drain and then mix in taco seasoning and water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Throw in the salsa, black beans, corn and remove the pan from the heat.
- Place one Casa Mendosa™ Tomato Salsa Large Tortilla on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Spread one-quarter of the meat mixture evenly over the tortilla and sprinkle with 1/2 of the cheese. Repeat until all three layers are finished. Top with remaining tortilla and cheese.
- Bake uncovered for about 20 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly – muy bien.
- Sprinkle with crushed tortilla chips and fresh cilantro and cut into wedges. Serve with sour cream and enjoy!