Made with passion
RecipesMade with passion
Casa Mendosa™ Taco Tortilla Cups
Serves 6 / 25 mins
- Casa Mendosa™ Original 10 inch Tortillas
- 1/4 lb of extra lean ground beef
- 1 can of black beans
- 2 tbsp. taco seasoning
- 3 tbsp. diced red onion
- 1/4 cup diced fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 cup whole-kernel corn
- 3 tsp. cilantro
- 1/4 cup of sour cream
- 1 tbsp. of sliced green onions
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Large muffin tin
- Metal circle cookie cutter
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 25 minutes
- In a large pan, brown the ground beef along with the taco seasoning. Add the black beans and allow to simmer together for 7-10 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350°F and spray the underside of a large muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut out circular shapes from the Casa Mendosa™ tortillas using a metal cookie cutter. Using Casa Mendosa™ 10 inch Tortillas you can cut out 2-3 circular shapes per tortilla.
- Place the cut out circular shapes in the underside of the muffin tin as a mold. Be careful not to let the tortillas fold too closely into the middle.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes, or until the tortilla cups have hardened slightly on all sides. Remove and set aside.
- Spoon cooked ground beef mixture into each tortilla cup, then garnish with tomatoes, cilantro, corn, red onions, sour cream, sprinkle with green onions and enjoy!