Made with passion
RecipesMade with passion
Casa Mendosa™ Sweet Potato and Black Bean Tacos
Serves 2-3 / 30 mins
- 4 - 6 Casa Mendosa™ Whole Wheat Tortillas small
- 8 oz. tub sour cream
- 1 fresh lime
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium sweet potato, cubed
- 15 oz. black beans, cooked, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp. cumin
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 green onions
- 1/4 bunch fresh cilantro (optional)
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes
- Peel the sweet potatoes, then cut them into small cubes. Heat a large skillet over medium flame, and then add the diced sweet potato and a couple tbsp. of water. Sauté the sweet potato until they become soft and just begin to fall apart. Add another couple tbsp. of water during cooking if the skillet becomes dry before the sweet potatoes are soft.
- Drain and rinse the black beans. Once the sweet potatoes are soft, add the black beans to the skillet. Season with the cumin, and salt and pepper to taste. Sauté just until the beans are heated through.
- Slice the green onions and pull the cilantro leaves from the stems. Roughly, chop the cilantro. Stir the sliced green onions into the skillet. Add the cilantro to the skillet if desired, or use it to top each taco.
- Prior to filling each Casa Mendosa™ tortilla, heat them in a dry skillet until slightly crisp on each side. Smear a small amount of the sour cream down the center of the tortilla, then top with a scoop of the sweet potato and black bean hash.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and lime wedges, and enjoy!