Made with passion
RecipesMade with passion
Casa Mendosa™ Mexican Inspired BLT Tortilla Hack
Serves 4 / 20 mins
- 4 large Casa Mendosa™ Tomato Salsa Large Tortillas
- 12 slices bacon
- ¼ cup (60ml) store bought guacamole
- ½ cup (120ml) spicy salsa
- 8 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups (480ml) shredded lettuce
Prep Time 10 minutes Cook Time 10 minutes Ready in 20 minutes
- In a large skillet, pan fry bacon to your desired doneness. Set aside on a paper towel lined plate.
- Lay one Casa Mendosa™ Tomato Salsa Large Tortilla flat on a board, cut a slit from the center of the tortilla towards you, to the edge of the tortilla.
- On the sliced tortilla, spread the guacamole in the bottom left corner of the tortilla to the left of the cut you’ve just made then top with the shredded lettuce.
- Add the spicy salsa to the top left above the guacamole and lettuce directly on the tortilla.
- In the top-right corner add the slices of bacon.
- To the right of the cut, add the sliced cheese.
- Fold the bottom left of the tortilla upwards over the salsa, then continue folding to the right over the bacon, and finally fold downwards over the sliced Monterey Jack cheese.
- Cook the folded wrap in a panini press until golden brown and crispy.
- Alternatively, if you do not have a panini press, just cook it in a dry frying pan for 3-4 minutes each side or until golden brown and crispy.
Casa Mendosa™ products available at: