Made with passion
RecipesMade with passion
Casa Mendosa™ Huevos Rancheros Diablo
Buenos días! Bring the Casa Mendosa™ Pasión to your breakfast table and spice things up with this Huevos Rancheros Diablo recipe for just the right Sunday brunch. Fried eggs served on Casa Mendosa™ flour tortillas and smothered in cooked salsa makes for the best Mexican breakfast ever!
- 6 Casa Mendosa™ Original 10" Tortillas, halved
- 4 slices bacon, diced (substitute with fresh chorizo or vegan chorizo crumble)
- 1 cup diced onion
- ½ cup diced red pepper
- 1 cup fresh corn, cut off the cob (substitute frozen or canned corn, drained and rinsed)
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 ½ cup cooked black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup tomato pasata or tomato purée
- 3 tbsp. fresh cilantro, leaves picked, washed, dried and chopped
- 1 - 1/2cup cheddar or nacho blend cheese, shredded
- 12 eggs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Sour cream, for garnish
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
Prep Time: 25 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 40 minutes
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat and add bacon. Cook until crisp, remove to drain on paper towel. Drain the bacon fat and use the same pan for vegetable mix.
- Add onion and red pepper into the pan and sauté for about 5minutes or until onions are translucent. Stir in corn, garlic, jalapeno and cumin and cook for 2 minutes. Add beans and tomato pasata and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in cilantro, cooked bacon and season to taste with salt and pepper. TIP: Vegetable mix can be made up to 2 days ahead and heated for assembly with eggs.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease 6 x 8-oz. ovenproof cast iron or dishes and line each with 2 Casa Mendosa™ tortilla halves, overlapping as required to make a cup or boat shape. Spoon vegetable mix evenly across each portion and sprinkle with grated cheese. Break 2 eggs into each dish and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until eggs reach desired doneness. Serve immediately with a spoonful of sour cream and a sprinkle of cilantro on top.