Made with passion
RecipesMade with passion
Casa Mendosa™ Grilled Quesadilla with Chorizo and Pineapple Salsa
Heat up the fiesta and bring out your ‘Pasión Por Las Tortillas’ with these Sweet and Spicy Quesadillas. With Casa Mendosa™ triple baked flour tortillas, chorizo and pineapple salsa they’re sure to be the talk of the dinner table. Trust us, you will want to make extra.
- 4 Casa Mendosa™ White 7" Tortillas
- ¼ small red onion, very small dice
- 1 tbsp. pickled jalapeno, small diced
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple, peeled, and small diced
- 2 tbsp. fresh cilantro, leaves picked, washed, dried and chopped
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil, plus more for brushing tortillas
- Fresh chorizo sausage, meat removed from casing
- ⅔ cup shredded cheddar
- Lime, juiced
- Panini press or waffle iron
- Salt and fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- Tomato salsa, sour cream and chopped avocado, for serving (optional)
Prep: 20 minutes | Cook: 15 minutes | Total: 35 minutes
- Combine the lime juice, onion, jalapeno, pineapple, cilantro, salt and pepper in a small stainless steel, ceramic, glass or metal (you can also just choose one) bowl, tossing occasionally. Let sit at room temperature to marinate, about 15 minutes.
- Heat vegetable oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chorizo and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until browned, about 3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat a Panini press to medium-high. Brush one side of 2 tortillas with oil and lay dry-side up on a work surface. Scatter each with 1/3 cup cheese. Sandwich with the remaining tortillas and brush the tops with oil.
- Place 1 quesadilla in the Panini press at a time and close gently (do not push down). Cook until golden brown and the cheese is melted, 4 to 6 minutes. Repeat with the remaining quesadilla.
- Cut the quesadillas into wedges and top with the chorizo and pineapple salsa. Serve with tomato salsa, sour cream and avocado if desired.