Made with passion
RecipesMade with passion
Casa Mendosa™ Flank Steak Tostadas
Serves 4 / 40 mins
- 4-6 Casa Mendosa™ Corn Tortillas
- 1 tbsp. ground chipotle chili
- 1 tbsp. dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 1 (2 lb) flank steak
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 avocado
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice, plus lime wedges for serving
- Cherry tomato halves
- Shredded cabbage
- Thinly sliced radishes
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes Total Time: 40 minutes
- Preheat grill to medium (about 400°F). Stir together ground chipotle chills, brown sugar, coriander, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, and 1 1/2 tsp. of the salt in a small bowl. Brush both sides of steak with olive oil; rub spice mixture over both sides of the steak, pressing to adhere.
- Grill steak, covered with grill lid, to desired degree of doneness, about 7 minutes on each side. Remove from grill, and let rest 10 minutes. Cut diagonally across the grain into thin slices.
- Mash avocado, and stir together with limejuice and remaining 1/2 tsp. salt; spread over Casa Mendosa™ tortilla. Top with steak slices and desired toppings.
- Serve with lime wedges and enjoy!