Made with passion
RecipesMade with passion
Casa Mendosa™ Black Bean Tostadas
Serves 4-8 / 30 mins
- 8 Casa Mendosa™ 100% Corn Tortillas
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 small red onion
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 cans black beans — (15 oz.) rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup prepared salsa — plus additional for serving
- Sliced avocado
- Diced red onion
- Sliced cabbage
- Diced tomatoes
- Jalapeño slices
- Fresh cilantro
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. In a medium saucepan, heat 1 tbsp. olive oil over medium high. Dice the onion, then add it and the salt and cook 2 minutes, until just beginning to soften. Add the black beans and 1/4 cup salsa and stir to coat with the oil and onions. Cook, stirring periodically, until heated through, about 4 minutes. Mash and set aside.
- Meanwhile, spread the tortillas in a single layer on a baking sheet, then place in the oven until crisp, about 6 minutes, flipping the tortillas once half way through. Prepare any desired toppings.
- To serve, spoon the black beans over the crisp Casa Mendosa™ tortillas, then pile on the toppings.
- Serve and enjoy!