Made with passion
RecipesMade with passion
Casa Mendosa™ Baked Shredded Chicken Flautas
Baked till crispy golden perfection, these flavour packed chicken flautas are delicioso and perfect for ANY day of the week. Casa Mendosa™ triple baked tortillas, filled with shredded chicken, salsa, onions and cheese all rolled into one. You’ll taste the passion of Mexico in every bite.
- 6 Casa Mendosa™ Whole Wheat 10″ Flour Tortillas
- 1-1/2 cup shredded chicken (substitute with pulled pork, cooking sauce drained, or small dice of cooked shrimp)
- 3/4 cup salsa (desired heat level), plus additional for serving
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 green onions, sliced and divided
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1/4 cup guacamole, prepared (optional)
- 1/4 cup sour cream (optional)
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 40 minutes
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a small bowl, combine shredded chicken, 3/4 cup salsa, cheese, green onions, cumin and oregano.
- Spoon 1/3 cup prepared mixture in a line across the bottom third of each Casa Mendosa™ flour tortilla. Fold the end over and roll up tightly in a cigar-like shape. Place seam side down in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Brush tortillas with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, for approximately 15- 20 minutes or until heated through and crisped. If desired, broil for 1 minute or until browned.
- Serve with reserved salsa, sour cream, and guacamole to dip.