Casa Mendosa™ Mexican Spiced Coffee Tortilla Dessert Cups
Serves 2 / 25 mins
- 2 Casa Mendosa™ Original Medium Tortillas
- 1 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- Pinch of cayenne powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tsp. instant coffee granules
- 5 tbsp. instant French vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries, raspberries and sliced strawberries
Prep Time: 15 minutes+chilling Cook Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 25 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, cayenne and cinnamon. Set aside
- Brush one side of your triple baked Casa Mendosa™ tortilla with butter and dust with cinnamon sugar mixture. Flip tortilla over, and repeat on other side.
- Cut each dusted tortilla into quarters. Take 2 quarters, and gently overlap the ‘tips’ of each piece and press gently into a muffin tin.
- Bake at 350°F for 8-10 minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Cool off your tortilla cups on a wire rack.
- Stir things up - combine the cream and coffee granules in a small bowl. Toss in the pudding mix and whisk for 2 minutes. Let your combination stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Carefully, fold in whipped topping, cover and refrigerate for one hour.
- Once finished, spoon mixture into tortilla cups and top with berries and serve with a kiss.
Optional-add 1 ounce Kahlua to pudding mixture