Casa Mendosa™ Mañana Sausage Enchiladas
Serves 5 / 1 Hour 10 mins
- 10 Casa Mendosa™ Original Medium Tortillas
- 1 lb. pork sausage
- 2 tbsp. canola oil
- 7 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed (20 ounces)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 10oz. cans of green enchilada sauce
Optional toppings: Chopped red onion, chopped sweet red pepper and chopped fresh cilantro
Prep Time: 30 minutes + chilling time Cook Time: 40 minutes Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, cook and crumble sausage until no longer pink roughly 5-7 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove your delicious cooked sausage from the pan and discard drippings.
- In same pan – fewer dishes to have to wash - heat oil over medium-high heat. Sauté potatoes for about 8 – 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from heat and stir in seasonings, sausage, chiles for some extra spice, and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Place 1/2 cup of filling onto each authentic Casa Mendosa™ tortilla and roll them up! Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, seam side down. Top the enchiladas with mucho sauce, cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Now it’s time to get cooking. Preheat oven to 375°F. Remove enchiladas from the refrigerator while the oven heats. Bake, covered, 30 minutes and then top with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for about 10-15 minutes, until lightly browned and heated through. Serve with your choice of toppings and enjoy!